Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link. Read my full disclosure policy here.
DIY Bath Bombs
DIY bath bombs have been extremely popular lately so I decided to write this post rounding up some of the best DIY bath bomb recipes out there!
These DIY bath bomb recipes are pretty, easy to make, and cost less than bath bombs you can find at stores like LUSH, etc. Whether you keep them for yourself or give them away as a gift, you will love making these DIY bath bombs!
Basic Supplies for DIY Bath Bomb Recipes
Each of these DIY bath bomb recipes have their own ingredient list but you may want to stock up on some of these supplies before you get started making your bath bombs!
- Baking soda – backbone of bath bomb recipes
- Citric Acid – The most obscure ingredient in these recipes that a lot of people don’t have on hand is citric acid. It is the necessary for the fizzing reaction.
- Oil – Choose a simple oil like olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil or you can use fancier oils like argan oil or apricot oil.
- Salt – Use basic salt or bump it up a notch with epsom salt or other favorite salt option.
- Liquid – Basic water works, but you can also use organic witch hazel for some extra skin-soothing.
- Scent – Use your favorite essential oils, add dried herbs, or make them scent-free.
- Color – Get even more creative and add some color with natural liquid colorants or natural powder pigment.
- A digital scale to get the proportions exactly right.
- Molds: The easiest way is to just form them into balls with your hands, but if you are making them as gifts or just want fancier shapes, molds are the way to go. I have these metal round molds and also this variety pack of assorted shapes that are fun. There are also a variety of silicone molds that you can use as well.
DIY Bath Bomb Recipes
1. DIY Amethyst Bath Bombs
These crystalline DIY Amethyst Bath Bombs are almost too pretty to use! Made with sea salts and lavender, you will love the soothing aroma of this bath bomb.
2. Fizzy Cupcake Bath Bombs
How adorable are these Fizzy Cupcake Bath Bombs? These colorful bath bombs make the perfect gift!
3. DIY Orange Bath Bombs
You will love the fresh citrus scent of these soothing DIY Orange Bath Bombs!
4. DIY Rose Bath Bombs
DIY Rose Bath Bombs are the most luxurious of bath bombs to make. These DIY bath bombs feature rose absolute and rosehip oil for the most amazing fragrance and skin nourishing properties.
5. DIY Bath Bomb Easter Eggs
These pretty pastel DIY Bath Bomb Easter Eggs are the perfect thing to make as a fun Easter craft project!
6. DIY Easter Bunny Bath Bombs
Sticking with the Easter theme, I love these cute DIY Easter Bunny Bath Bombs. They would make the perfect Easter basket gift for a teen girl!
7. Mermaid Bath Bombs
Mermaid Bath Bombs create a sparkling blue-green relaxing bath that not only feels and smells magical, but will definitely bring out your inner mermaid.
8. DIY Geode Bath Bomb
These intricate DIY Geode Bath Bomb are absolutely stunning!
9. Snowman Bath Bombs
These Snowman Bath Bombs make a great holiday gift for friends, family, neighbors, teachers, and more!
10. Lavender Oatmeal Bath Bombs
These soothing Lavender Oatmeal Bath Bombs are wonderful for your skin and smell fantastic.
11. DIY Bath Bombs with a Toy Hidden Inside
Kids will love these DIY Bath Bombs with a Toy Hidden Inside. They make the perfect fun surprise gift!
12. DIY Bath Bombs with Ring Inside
Another popular “hidden item” bath bomb you can make: DIY Bath Bombs with Rings Inside. These are the perfect bath bombs to sell at craft fairs of give away as gifts!
13. DIY Watermelon Bath Bombs
These vibrant DIY Watermelon Bath Bombs look good enough to eat! You’ll love the yummy watermelon scent of these homemade bath bombs.
14. DIY Donut Bath Bombs
Another food-themed bath bomb you might actually mistake as real, these DIY Donut Bath Bombs are super pretty and make a fun gift!
15. DIY Bubblegum Sprinkles Bath Bombs
Kids will love these colorful, bubblegum-scented DIY Bubblegum Sprinkles Bath Bombs!
16. Coffee and Cream Bath Bombs
Coffee and Cream Bath Bombs may just be the best DIY gift for coffee lovers that they can’t drink!
17. DIY Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs
Bring some magic to your bath with these glittery DIY Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs!
18. Hidden Black Bath Bombs
These Hidden Black Bath Bombs are the perfect creepy Halloween DIY gift. While they look normal on the outside, these bath bombs dissolve to reveal a hidden black bath bomb on the inside!
19. DIY Snow Cone Bath Bombs
These colorful Snow Cone Bath Bombs are the perfect kids’ craft idea!
20. DIY Mermaid Bath Bombs
These shimmery DIY Mermaid Bath Bombs will leave your skin glittery just like a mermaid!
21. Vanilla Milkshake Bath Bomb
This Vanilla Milkshake Bath Bomb has all the soothing properties of a milk bath. great for your skin!
22. DIY Candy Hearts Bath Bombs
These DIY Candy Hearts Bath Bombs are scented like cotton candy and are just about as sweet as can be! The perfect gift idea for Valentine’s Day.
23. Lemon Bath Bombs
This refreshing Lemon Bath Bomb can bring the lemonade stand right to your bath!
24. DIY Matcha Green Tea Bath Bombs
If you love the soothing properties of green tea, then you will definitely love these DIY Matcha Green Tea Bath Bombs!
25. DIY Peppermint Snowflake Bath Bombs
DIY Peppermint Snowflake Bath Bombs are fun and festive and make the perfect stocking stuffer or gift for family, friends, neighbors, or teachers around the holidays!
I hope you enjoy these DIY bath bomb recipes!